Wednesday, May 24, 2006

#859 Back on Track!

After a preliminary insurance settlement and the depletion of our life savings, the Heritage Service Centre #859 team is geared up well enough to take to the track this weekend for the AFM's 3rd round races at Sears Point.

With the insurance money from my purloined truck I was able to buy a racebike from a fellow racer who's laid up for a while from a street crash, and have a new suit made in record time. I'm still putting together the rest of my kit and will have to depend on friends for rides to the track for a while, but the thieves can't take Rusty off-line that easily!

Joining me in the fun will be David Canzano (#817), who is coming off a successful first race weekend last month, with 2 race finishes and significant improvement in lap times. That trend should continue this weekend.

Saturday is a practice day to get the new bike set up, then Dave and I will be participating in a new class called Clubman (for new racers) on Saturday afternoon.

Sunday I'll be in Race #1 (about 10:15am) and Race #9 (about 2:30 - 3pm).

Thanks this month to Mark White, whose broken leg was my good fortune, Helmut Kluckner of Helimot Leathers for making me a fantastic new suit, and to USAA for funding most of the exercise this time out.

Cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home