Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Season Begins

After a long rainy winter, my race season is getting ready to begin. This weekend the AFM fires up at Sears Point for their second round of the year.

I did a track day on Monday and realized I lost quite a bit of speed in 5 months of inactivity. But it was a good day to get the bike sorted out after a bunch of work and start getting my head around track riding again. It'll be challenging to get back up to speed but I'm excited to get out on my favorite track and stretch the throttle cable a little.

Saturday is practice and Sunday the green flag waves. I'm in race #7 (after lunch) and #13 (last of the day). If you're thinking of coming out lemme know and I'll give you some more details on the schedule and logistics. Weather is also a factor, as we don't ride Sears Point in the rain.

The Heritage Service Centre pit complex will be getting a little more company this year, as we've been joined by newly-minted AFM racer David Canzano, also on a Suzuki SV650. I fully expect him to motor away from me as soon as he comes to terms with his new bike. He'll be racing in the new Clubman series on Saturday afternoon this time out.

Stay tuned for updates as the season progresses and we begin our charge to the front!

Cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home