Thursday, January 12, 2006

2006 Season Preview

Now that the days are getting a little longer, it's time to start thinking about next racing season!

Last season ended well, with my final event at Sears Point the first weekend in October. I made progress on my starts and corner entry speed and had a really entertaining duel with some other backmarkers, getting more comfortable in close traffic. 2 races on Sunday netted me a 33rd place in Formula IV and a 24th in 650 Twins.

Final stats for the season are:
- 8 starts, 7 finishes (2 DFLs), 1 crash
- In the Formula IV championship, I finished 68th overall (out of 77 entrants) with 7 points
- In the 650 Twins championship, I finished 46th overall (out of 52) with 9 points

Not the stuff world championship careers are made of, but I had fun.

The offseason programme has begun in earnest, I've gotten the forks re-worked and a new spring for the rear shock, and plenty of little maintenance items for the trusty SV650. Not to mention some jaunty paddock wear from the fine folks at Heritage Service Centre.

The race schedule for 2006 is:

April 23 - Sears Point
May 28 - Sears Point
June 18 - Thunderhill
July 16 - Thunderhill
August 13 - Sears Point
Sept 30 - Sears Point (4 hr. endurace race)
Oct 1 - Sears Point

March 26 and Oct 22 are also race days, but they're at a place called Buttonwillow, which is 6 hours away. Too far for the Rusty Camaro Motorsports caravan.

Thanks for everyone's support in 2005. I'm looking forward to 2006!

Cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home