Thursday, March 20, 2008

Two Points

My goal for the Round 1 weekend is two points. One in each class. To do that I need to finish better than 39th place and beat at least 1 person in each race. Given that I have next to no time on this track and I've never raced there, that is possibly a taller order than it sounds. But it should be fun, and the payoff if I succeed will be sweet.

The AFM does the starting grids for the first race based on points from last season. Since I have a couple points from last year, I should be gridded in front of any new riders. With luck I'll be able to stay in front of at least a couple. Gridding for subsequent rounds is purely based on points from this season. Since lots more people come to Infineon rounds than Buttonwillow, if I get my one point in each class, I should be gridded in front of literally dozens of folks. Key to a great season!

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home