Sunday, May 27, 2007

Race Report: Memorial Day At Infineon

This will be short. AFM Round 3 at Infineon Raceway was Memorial Day weekend. I came away from it a little discouraged. I was riding pretty well and managed to lower my personal best lap time. But my slow starts continue to plague me and I loped home to finishes behind people I should have been able to beat. My thinking is my riding is improving but my racing is not. Unfortunately, there's no substitute for seat time and this has not been a good year for it. But chin up, the rest of the season awaits.

And more importantly, Dito of GotBlueMilk.com captured what I'll call a definitive wheelie pic as I was coming out of turn 11. Close inspection should reveal a tiny bit of clearance above the pavement. It's not much, but we do what we can.

Next race is Thunderhill in July. Unless there's a drastic cold front, they will have to go on without #859. The heat up there is no fun.

Cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home