Sunday, April 15, 2007

Yellow plate --> White plate

Sharp-eyed observers will note that pictures of the trusty #859 in previous years have had a yellow number plate with a black 859. In the AFM, this indicates the rider of that bike is a Novice (their term). You remain a Novice until you've successfully finished races on 6 different dates, then you become an Expert (again, their term).

Thanks to my crash in 2005 at Thunderhill, I missed getting all my race dates in my first season, then 2006 got off to a slow start thanks to the thieves. I met the requirement for Expert-hood at the Thunderhill round in June, but didn't bother upgrading at the time. Over the off-season it happened automatically, and now my AFM license says "Expert" and my number plates will be white. I've done a couple track days with the white plates already, but they don't appear to have made me any faster. The color scheme will be a little easier to manage, though.



Cheers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home